This product is not currently available.
Sommelier Selection: Top 5 Gilt Taste Wines selected by Joe Campanale, owner of New York’s Dell’Anima, Anfora Wine Bar and L’Artusi
"This vineyard is in the middle of nowhere Italy. There are dustballs. Nothing else. It's tough living. This winemaker is so connected to where he comes from. When I visited him, we sat down at the kitchen table of his mother's house and chatted for two hours before we realized,'oh wait!’ we are here to see the grapes! - Joe Campanale, co-owner of dell’anima
Why to buy: If you’re looking for an unforgettable white that's off-the-beaten path, start with this Friulian cult classic. Antonio Galloni, from Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate describes this tiny production wine as “eccentric” and “totally beautiful,” and we couldn't agree more.
Characteristics: This wine brims with candied citrus, white spice and flowers and is silky and rich with fragrant fruit flavor. We absolutely love it with rich braised pork, crisp-edged short ribs, and fresh pasta with whole milk ricotta – basically anything unctuous that would do well with a balance of citrus zest. Made from a Slovenian grape called Vitovska, the wine is beautifully orange in color thanks to a six-month long fermentation in Georgian clay amphorae with indigenous yeasts and no temperature controls. Winemaker, Paolo Vodopivec believes the grape is capable of “profound aging,” so it’s a fun and unusual choice for someone with a cellar.
Appellation:Friuli Venezia Giuilia IGT
Third generation winemaker Paolo Vodopivec is renowned for his distinctive expressions of the little known grape Vitovska. Vodopivec’s great-grandfather planted the first few hectares of the varietal, Instead of pesticides and chemicals, the estate implements a fastidious system of birds to keep any insects at bay.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.