This product is not currently available.
91 points, Wine and Spirits
Why to buy: A case of this gorgeous handcrafted Champagne would make an extraordinary wedding gift. A perfect celebration wine, the couple can open a new bottle at every special occasion — as a wedding toast, and on each anniversary night for more than a decade. Much like the happy couple's life together, this wine will grow richer and more beautifully complex with every passing year.
Nose, palate and pairing: This beautifully fresh Champagne is bright with aromas of citrus fruit, white flowers and honey. We love its creamy mousse—the French term for the froth created by the pour—and delicate sparkle, a perfect pairing for both briny caviar and a slice of buttercream-rich wedding cake.
The backstory: Fourth-generation winemaker Alfred Gratien produces Champagnes with a long, critically-acclaimed, family tradition. Hand-made in small oak barrels by a cellar master who considers himself more artist than scientist. The cuvées are created by blending the very best crus from the three main regions (Côte des Blancs for the Chardonnay, Montagne de Reims for the Pinot Noir and the Marne Valley for the Pinot Meunier).
Varietals: 45% Chardonnay, 43% Pinot Meunier, 12% Pinot Noir
Nose: Citrus fruits with mineral and hibiscus
Appellation: A.O.C. Champagne-Epernay
At Alfred Gratien, Champagne is an art form. Since 1864, this estate celebrates sustainable agriculture, low-yield vines and traditional techniques. It's one of a few producers still fermenting their wines in small oak casks prior to adding a sparkle-inducing dose of sugar and yeast. This creates lively and aromatic hand-made Champagnes.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
Notes of mandarin and hibiscus make the Brut Classique Cuvée a lively companion for all seafood. We love it with an appetizer course of ceviche, scallops seared in butter, or even a meaty lobster roll. Complement this delicate wine with something equally ephemeral, like Smoked Wild Gold Char Caviar: With a subtle smoky aspect, this creamy golden roe is a steal compared to its darker cousins.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2015
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 47 - 50 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.