This product is not currently available.
Why to buy: Try something new! Lively and fruity, this sparkling red Lambrusco is a stunner with a delicate cascade of bubbles that rounds out any sweetness.
The backstory: Although Lambrusco grapes of can be crafted into both dry and sweet wines, the finished pour almost always has bubbles. The wine is made in the Charmat method, which means the secondary fermentation takes place in pressurized tanks (not in the bottle like Champagne).
Nose, palate and pairing: Violets, plums and red fruits on the nose of this sparkling red lead to a round, sweet palate with tons of pizzazz. Try it with grilled meats, smoky smoked salmon and capers, or cured meats and creamy cheeses.
The producers: Run by four generations of Medicis this estate is one of the most esteemed producers in Italy. Low yielding vineyards, rigorously selected grapes and the combination of meticulous winemaking and cutting edge technology result in sparkling wines that are packed with flavor, nuance and appetite piquing bouquets.
Run by four generations of Medicis this estate is one of the most esteemed producers in Italy. Low yielding vineyards, rigorously selected grapes and the combination of meticulous winemaking and cutting edge technology result in sparkling wines that are packed with flavor, nuance and appetite piquing bouquets.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
Why We Love It
Emila Romagna, known as the birthplace of tortellini and the “stomach of Italy," is the traditional home of Lambrusco, a sparkling, red wine that Italians sip while nibbling on regional specialties (think Mortadella, Parma ham and Parmesan). At your next shin-dig, create a sweet 'n salty lick with Really Fancy Pigs-in-a-Blanket washed down with this bubbly wine, fresh with aromas of red berries, plums and violets. It's also great with pizza, Proscuitto di Parma and chunks of Parmigiano Reggiano.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, MD, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NM, NV, OH, OR, PA, SD, TN, WA, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2014
- Store at 50 - 55 F
- Serve at 47 - 55 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.