This product is not currently available.
Why you should buy: This wine is an amazing deal—really truly worth every penny. Dolcetto can be pedestrian, with lots of fruit up front and no depth, but not this wine; it’s beautifully balanced with ripe fruit and a clean finish.
Nose, palate and pairing: With a deep red color, this wine has licorice and oak on the nose with ripe berries, leather and spice on the palate. It’s fresh, soft and rich with fantastic structure. Weeknight meals are the perfect match for this bottle from pizza to burgers to broiled fish (just go easy on the citrus).
The backstory: One of the nicest guys we’ve ever met, winemaker Franco Massolino also produces stunning Barolos. In the Langhe area of Piedmont, this estate has been crafting wines for over four generations, three of which are still involved with day-to-day winemaking.
Varietals: 100% Dolcetto
Appellation: Dolcetto d’Alba D.O.C.
Founded over a century ago, Massolino-Vigna Rionda is a fourth generation, family-owned estate with has a reputation for crafting quality wines like Barolos to Moscato d’Asti.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
On a chilly night, few things are more comforting than classic cassoulet. To make it memorable, make sure you don’t skimp on a key ingredient, duck leg confit. D’Artagnan’s Cassoulet Kit has everything you need, except for a bottle of wine. Try this Dolcetto D’Alba: with bristling acidity, firm tannins, and loads of fruit, it’s a perfect match for slow-cooked meals.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: CT, DC, DE, KS, MI, MN, NJ, NY, RI, VT, WI, WV
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2015
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.