$0.05 - $17.95
May 24 2013 - May 31 2013
Why to buy: When we at Gilt Taste hosted our 1 year anniversary party – a sun-drenched Brooklyn backyard barbeque – we ordered a case of this New York state wine to wash down our pulled pork tacos and Mexican grilled corn on the cob. Bright in acidity, blooming with florals and with a backbone of cool minerality, this is a bottle that just screams refreshment for a Wet Hot American Summer.
The backstory:Gewürztraminer thrives in cool climates like Alsace, Germany, and the Finger Lakes in New York State. Known for its distinctly floral, spicy nose and surprisingly dry palate, we love it with almost anything on the grill, especially the sweet, sour and fiery notes in Asian barbeque.
Varietals: 100% Gewürztraminer
Nose: A flowery bouquet with hints of peach and spice
Palate: Lush notes of melon with a hint of coriander, dry finish
Appellation: Finger Lakes, New York
About 30 years ago, Hermann Wiemer planted Riesling along the shores of Seneca Lake. Today, the winery is in the hands of his long-time apprentice, Fred Merwarth, who continues under Wiemer’s guidance and has led the winery to three consecutive years as a Wine & Spirits Top 100 Winery.
When necessary, your wine will be shipped in a temperature-controlled, refrigerated truck to a carrier hub close to you. You will receive tracking information once your wine leaves the carrier hub.
We Love This With
Gewurztraminer is light enough for white meat but can stand up to almost all types of sauces and spices. This grilled pork chop recipe is the perfect pairing for this wine. The subtle herbal hint from the rosemary and peppercorns and the sweet, cooked stone fruit match perfectly with the hints of peach and spice in this wine.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyard which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IN, KS, ME, MN, MO, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, SC, TN, TX, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink Now Through 2015
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 47 - 55 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.