May 22 2013 - May 29 2013
This unique dessert wine, known as “trockenbeerenauslese” in Germany, is made exclusively from grapes touched with Botrytis, a deliberately cultivated fungus also known as “noble rot.” Noble rot sucks almost all of the water out of the grapes, leaving intensely concentrated flavors and sugars. Small bunches are laboriously picked by hand to ensure only the best grapes are used to make this small batch of syrupy goodness.
Varietals: 100% Riesling
Nose: Intense nose filled with honeyed citrus and lychee
Palate: Syrupy mouthfeel filled with notes of clover honey and apricot
Appellation: Finger Lakes, New York
About 30 years ago, Hermann Wiemer planted Riesling along the shores of Seneca Lake. Today, the winery is in the hands of his long-time apprentice, Fred Merwarth, who continues under Wiemer’s guidance and has led the winery to three consecutive years as a Wine & Spirits Top 100 Winery.
When necessary, your wine will be shipped in a temperature-controlled, refrigerated truck to a carrier hub close to you. You will receive tracking information once your wine leaves the carrier hub.
We Love This With
Slightly salty cheeses from Artisanal pair nicely with a luscious, sweet wine like the Bunch Select. Together, they are the perfect ending to a delicious Sunday dinner.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyard which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, ME, MN, MO, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, SC, TN, TX, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink Now Through
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 47 - 55 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.