May 22 2013 - May 29 2013
The pepper, spice and mountain berries on the nose of this wine—crafted by an amazing family—transports me to the Alps where it was born.
- Jeffrey Meisel, Gilt Taste Wine
Why to buy: One of Italy’s best wineries, Les Crêtes produces gorgeous wines that are sought out by serious wine collectors. The Charrere family has a mantra to make wines that well represent the cool, steeply sloped, rocky Alps of the Valle d’Aosta region of Italy. They've accomplished just that with this peppery, smoky, berry-rich Syrah. Nuanced, balanced and charming in an old-world kind of way, this elegant wine comes from their stunning Coteau La Tour vineyard. It’s delicious with roasted meats like lamb, pork and even game.
Varietals: 100% Syrah
Nose: Layers of dark fruit, earth and white pepper
Palate: Blackberry, wild raspberries, mountain herbs, violets and spice
Appellation: Valle d'Aosta DOC, Italy
The producer of what is often described as the best white wine made in Italy, Les Cretes was founded in 1989 by sixth generation Valle d’Aostan winemaker Costantino Charrère. Today he is joined by his family who shares his passion. The vineyard cultivation is based on a great respect for the soil and the ecosystem.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
Spicy and herby enough to stand up to serious flavor, serve this wine with meat that's well-seasoned with simple flavors like garlic and fresh herbs. A skirt steak, which is all about the marinade, is the perfect canvas: Let the steak rest in loads of minced garlic, fresh thyme, olive oil, cracked peppercorns and a splash of soy sauce.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2020
- Store at 50 - 55 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.