This product is not currently available.
It all made sense when we walked through the lush vineyards that were buzzing with life. The granite and schist clearly impact this textured wine.
-Jeffrey Meisel, Gilt Taste Wine Director
Why you should buy: With beautiful structure, rich fruit this wine comes from a lesser known but on-the-rise region of Spain. It's also a fabulous value.
Nose, palate and pairing: There are light aromas of leather and fresh red fruit and a juicy with a tannic structure and soft, silky finish. This is a true medium bodied wine that can hold up to rich dishes or compliment poultry and fish.
Varietal: 50% Grenache, 15% Cabernet, 35% Merlot
Appellation: Montsant, Spain
Venus La Universal is the creation of enologist Sara Pérez, the driving force behind Mas Martinet in Priorat, and Dominio de Bibei in Galicia. Venus' stunning 1999 debut vintage established the new DO Montsant in 2001. The grapes are grown organically on schist & granite on steep terraces around the village of Falset.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
What’s better than a glass of lush red wine with a perfectly cooked burger? Try the wagyu beef burgers from our very favorite butcher, Bryan Flannery, who owns and operates his small shop with his daughter, Katie. The nuanced, inimitable flavor of wagyu is an excellent match for this juicy wine. Melt some gruyere on the patty and top with sweet, slowly caramelized onions.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2018
- Store at 50 – 60°F
- Serve at 55 – 65°F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.