May 28 2013 - Jun 3 2013
92 points, Wine & Spirits
When a successful New York financier travels to the heart of Italy to make Brunello—the most complex, long lasting and celebrated form of Sangiovese—eyebrows raise and bets are placed. Richard Parsons, the Chairman of Citigroup, has not only proved any detractors wrong, his wine has earned an impressive string of accolades. Powerful, voluptuous and smooth, this wine shows notes of dark fruit, fresh coffee and bay leaf. Save it for a special dinner and serve it with something equally robust, like a standing rib roast. It goes equally well with a good old hamburger.
Varietals:100% Sangiovese Grosso, or Brunello
Nose:Dark fruit, fresh coffee and smoke
Palate:Black cherry, tobacco and bay leaf
Appellation:Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
Wines from this estate are known for their elegance and austerity; they are wines to both enjoy and collect. The founder, Richard Parsons, comes to the estate every harvest and works closely with his winemaker, Paolo Vagaggini to produce 8,000 to 12,000 bottles of Brunello each year.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
For a showstopper like this savory and luscious Brunello, we say you serve a beautiful cut of meat to match like a prime rib roast. Find a roast that's been crafted and aged as carefully as this bottle. With the traditional sides like herb-spiked roasted potatoes and simply steamed, buttered greens, this wine shines. Not ready to pour a glass? Rest assured this Brunello will age beautifully in your cellar.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: CT, DC, DE, KS, MI, MN, NJ, NY, RI, VT, WI, WV
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2021
- Store at 50 - 55 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.